Sunday, March 26, 2006

Monday Monday

I drove to my mom and dad's house Saturday and spent the night. All the way there, and all the way back, I sang songs from the Mama's and the Papa's Greatest Hits CD. My all time favorite M's & P's song is "Monday, Monday". I especially love the part where the music picks up in tempo and they start singin' "Every other day, every other day, every other day of the week is FINE yah. But when ever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes, you can find me cryin all of the time" I sang it over and over until I was hoarse, because I am a big dork.

Kiri and Ken got into a hellacious fight this weekend while I was gone. I won't go into detail, but needless to say both Kiri and Ken were saying some pretty mean things to each other. I am at the end of my rope, and have seriously considered leaving Ken. Though I can sort of see his point, as Kiri is very disrespectful of him. But I expect him to act like the adult, instead of reacting like a child. That's all I am going to say at this time, but I feel like crying.

Tomorrow is the day I am going to start exercising on a regular basis again. I have to start hiking for the season soon, and I am woefully out of shape. I have gained 10 lbs. this winter, and it is time to do something about it. I plan on walking around 3 miles/day to start, and then slowly increasing it until I top out at about 5 miles. After that, I'll throw in 5 minutes of running, then 5 minutes of walking. That is how I lost 20 lbs three years ago. It will also get me out of the house before I strangle my husband.

6 comments:

OMH said...

Strangling is bad - slowly poisioning w/o leaving a trace Good! Typing about it really BAD - pre-meditated crap you know.

Hang in there! Teenager girls and Men (in general) are about equal in unrationality - the good part is teens grow up.

NME said...

I'm SO sorry that your husband and your daughter aren't getting along. I had alot of issues with my step Dad and my mom often felt in the middle. I'm sure it sucks. But without knowing the details I think your first inclination is right - he's the adult. He needs to be modeling good behavior not succumbing to bad behavior even when Kiri might start it. I wish you all luck.

shawnak said...

Oh my dear sweet cuz! I am so sorry that most men are really children and that teens sometimes make life a living hell! But like old mother hubbard said, at least teens grow up!
I am here for you if ya want to vent! I am also on the weight loss track, 3lbs down from last week and about ohhhh a ZILLION to go. Don't want to be as big as a house when I come to visit you ;P.
Sending prayers your way!

Kathryn said...

That's got to be tough. Hang in there.

Last week was the week I started walking again. It’s been a while. I didn't really have the energy when I was pregnant. I'm up to two miles and working up to 5. I just wish it was a little cooler here! I'll be thinking about you when I'm out there!

Oh, and I just saw the Survivorman where he's in Southern Utah. Crazy stuff. He ate a squirrel and drank a puddle with a bike part.

Missuz J said...

You know I've got your back babe, no matter what.

hazel said...

that SUCKS.

I had a boyfriend that was always picking fights about trent. not with him, thank god. but he'd constantly complain that the very little time he was exposed to trent, trent wasn't polite or nice enough or whatever. I constantly had to remind him that trent was FOUR and he was the adult.

kiri is at an age where of course she's going to be disrespectful. at our ages, we ought to be more in control.

I would bet, though, that the issue isn't about respect. maybe it's about resentment? either way. SUCKS.