Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I slept untill 11:00 p.m. and I don't feel one ounce of guilt


















Here are a few pictures from my quickie vacation. Kiri is playing basketball with her cousins. Kiri then took a very flattering picture of me the next morning with a slight hangover. My grandmother in her kitchen cooking my 500th meal of the day, and my brother riding his lawnmower while under the influence, naughty boy.

I had a wonderful time visiting the family, and hanging out with Kiri. One negative side affect of the drinking of alcohol is that Kiri caught me smoking a cigarette, and burst into tears. She told me if I ever smoked again she would not ever speak to me. She calmed down after a while, but it put a damper on my party mood. Sometimes I wonder who is the parent and who is the child in this relationship. Kiri seems to think she is my keeper, or my conscience. It is very confusing.

But we are back, and I spend the entire day (after I woke up at 11:00, that is. Which makes me think of Spinal Tap "But this one goes to eleven") watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I have always loved Buffy, but never owned the seasons, so it is fun to watch them all in order with no commercials. My friends have hopped on to the Buffy bandwagon, and I love that they love it. I can now share my eternal love for Buffy (and my lust for Angel and Spike) with them all.

6 comments:

Missuz J said...

When is Unk Shane going go come down here to party?!? I couldn't even really see his new short hair in the drunken lawn mower picture.

Kiri just loves you--as you well know. I wonder if it would be better to just tell her that you smoke--you know it's bad for you--you're trying to quit, and don't want to lie to her about it.

amandak said...

Yay for vacations!

And, yay that you're back!

shawnak said...

What?? My Shane has SHORT HAIR? Do send pics! Awwww grandma looks so good. I totally miss all of you. Can't wait for vacation to see you all!
I think Missuzj is right about telling Kiri. You want her to be up front with you too, right?

hazel said...

I curse. sometimes in front of trent. and of course I get mad at him when he curses. granted, it's not EXACTLY the same as smoking, but this is what I've always told trent: when he's an adult, he can make up his own mind about what he does. if that means he wants to curse, so be it. and really, that goes for anything. you're the adult and you've decided that this is something you are okay with. it's only a mixed message if you don't clarify. though that doesn't do anything to un-confuse her in terms of your being a role model.

bitchin hair! I love braids. nice.

I wish I watched buffy.

Stine said...

Another Buffy convert, praise Joss Whedon.

And I think that picture of you rules.

NME said...

We all know smoking kills and your daughter doesn't want you putting yourself in danger. It's a natural reaction for your health and safety - with lots of teen drama for added spice.

Looks like you had a good time.