Sunday, November 02, 2008

My New Ride


I got a new car! Well an almost new car. It is a 2007 Ford Focus and I LOVE it.


Just for some background, so you can understand why I am so excited, you must know that I have never owned anything that was less than 10 years old. I have always bought very used vehicles that I could pay cash for and drive away. This is the first time I have actually signed a loan for a car. It was daunting. But it gets 37 miles per gallon which compared to the truck I was driving that got 17 mpg, it is a huge improvement.


In other news, Kiri got her driver's license and is very upset that I bought myself a new car, but didn't buy her one. Then she was even angrier when I just looked at her and laughed. She will be turning 17 soon, which seems all weird and disjointed. Where did my little kir-monster go? She is talking about moving out, and I'm seriously thinking about letting her.

2 comments:

NME said...

Congrats on the new (used) car. That mileage is fantastic.
Moving out! Your baby might be moving out! God, I don't even want to think about that day.

OMH said...

Congrats - it is very PRETTY! I truly believe the Teenage years are so horrible so that you really do not mind them leaving the nest.

Just do not burn bridges because someday they become human again instead of Alien's in Teenage bodies and you don't want to miss out on that (oh yeah and you do not want to miss out on the time they have kids that act like they do so you can say (in your head) Hehehe you deserve every second of that. (hmmmmmmmm this explains those weird smiles my mom used to have when my kids were teenagers!)