Monday, September 19, 2005

Much too much



I just returned from taking my dog, Lightning, to the dog groomer. She loves to go for rides, and was so excited to hop in the car. I felt a little sorry for her knowing I was taking my oblivious pet to a place that she loathes. We walked into the groomers, and as soon as she realized where she was, she started fighting against the leash. The collar promptly slipped up over her ears and we had a loose lightning dog running willy nilly, trying to find a place to hide. Poor thing. She is such a good dog, and I tried to not get angry as she avoided re-capture, but it was somewhat embarrassing. We finally trapped her and dragged her into the grooming area. Poor thing. But, I know she will be extra happy to see me when I pick her up.

The Sunday before Labor Day, my friends Jen and Paul and I went hiking down Ashdown Gorge. It was gorgeous. I've posted some pic's of us.

Kiri did a cheerleading clinic last week, and the did a dance/cheer during half time of the high school football game on Saturday. I paid $4.00 to watch her cheer for 5 minutes, but it was worth it. She did a great job. I was watching her and thinking how much I miss the elementary programs the kids used to do every year, dancing and singing. God, she was adorable. Now she is a young lady, and I have so much hope for her future. I would rather she pursue basketball, which she kicks ass in, than cheerleading, but whatever. I'll support her no matter what.

Kiri and I were watching this stupid show on MTV called "My Sweet 16", where these spoiled rich girls get lavish birthday parties thrown for them by their indulging parents with bands, and new cars, catering, and guest lists in the hundreds. Kiri told me she wished we were rich. I looked at these girls and thought, if that is how my daughter would behave if we were rich, I'm glad were not. What a bunch of brats.

Missuzj, Sophie, Jimmy and I all went to the park to play Saturday evening. Soph wanted me to exercise with her so we ran all over the grass. Then she had her mother play jack in the bean stalk, and I laughed my ass off. We threw Jimmy the pup's strange squirrel frizbee thing, then went home. It was a blast. Sunday we all went to see the horses, and Sophie went to feed my horse an apple, and the horse accidentally bit her finger. I felt so bad. I wanted Sophie to love my horses, and feel safe, and I fucking ruined it. I should've warned her to keep her fingers and her hand flat. I totally blame myself, and I hope she'll come with me again. I did, however, get missuzj on a horse. She rode around for a minute, and did incredibly well for someone who had never ridden a horse before. I told her she was a natural.

6 comments:

Missuz J said...

I can't wait to go for a real ride with you!

The finger thing was nobody's fault, and Sophie still had a great time.

xoxoxoxoxo

Katy said...

Sounds like a splendid weekend! And like Boo said, fret not about the Sophie finger incident. Kids get hurt, and she'll recover.

lonna said...

I can't stand the kids on that sweet 16 show either. Spoiled little brats. Nothing like parents taking responsibility for raising their kids correctly.

hazel said...

I want to live near you guys and run in the grass and feed horses and pay $4 to see cheerleaders for 5 minutes.

Kathryn said...

I'm so jealous what a blast!

amandak said...

Poor Lightning. A clean dog is a happy dog though right?

Did you get any pics of Kiri cheerleading?

Wish I could have played in the park! I'm missing my sweet sis something crazy lately. And missing Soph just as much. I did get to talk to her on the phone the other day though, she's such a funny bug.

I'll keep my eyes open for the hiking pics. Someday, my dear, you and I will hike, and you will kick my ass. I am looking forward to it.