Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My little girl

I'm going to steal from my friend's blogs once again and tell you some things you may not know about Kiri.

1. She kicks ass in science (A daughter after my own heart)

2. She is very shy and quiet most of the time.

3. She was named after the warrior/slave girl from the movie "Beastmaster"

4. She loves her Grandpa Reed almost more than she loves me

5. She is an incredible creative writer, but too shy to show her work

6. She gets her feelings hurt very easily, and unfortunately most of the time it is my fault.

7. She can play a mean game of basketball

8. She is the most kind and loving person I have ever met, and I am proud to be her mother

9. Her first word was Baba

10. She started walking at 81/2 months of age

11. Her middle name is Aase, which is my Norwegian grandmother's name. I wanted her to know and love her Scandinavian heritage

12. She once threw up all over me in the Science Building as I was heading in to turn in some homework for the class I missed because she was sick.

13. At 2 years old, she pulled the fire alarm on the Science Building while I was talking to my genetics teacher and the entire building was evacuated

14. She is smarter than I was at her age.

15. She has started a blog herself and you can link to it from my page.

I love you baby.

5 comments:

lonna said...

That's so interesting. I am all for girls who excel in science, especially if they can write too. It sounds like she will be capable of anything in her future.

This was such a sweet post. You two are certainly lucky to have each other.

I am always so sympathetic to my students who have sick kids, even before I had my own. I hope that your science teacher was kind to you after the vomit incident.

hazel said...

so sweet!!! so you were in college when she was a toddler? I'd love to hear more about that.

NME said...

IT sounds like you two have such a special relationship - which is SO rare for a girl her age and her mom. You must be a stellar mom.

Missuz J said...

I've always loved the Beastmaster/Kiri connection. I'm assuming you tracked her down last night?

shawnak said...

Man, Iwish we lived closer to each other. I hate that we are missing each other's kids grow up. Kiri reminds me of you so much. You are such an incredible mom and wish that me and my mom had had that kind of relationship. Can't wait to see you guys!!!!