Monday, February 27, 2006

Get up come on get down with the sickness

Yep, I'm sick. Not sick have to stay in bed and do nothing sick. Walking sick, general miserableness. I think it all started with the stuffing yesterday. I was eating stuffing around 2:00 p.m, watching America's Funniest Home Videos, when something amusing happened, I laughed, and inhaled stuffing. I choked and gagged, and some of it went into my nose. Seriously, I was blowing stuffing out of my nose. After that, I had a sore throat which has progressed into headaches and coughing. Sucky stuffing. So a word of advice. Don't eat stuffing while watching funny videos.

I went to Vegas to see some very good friends of mine. Mizzusj and hubby were there. We ate massive amounts of food, and I stayed up until 2:30 a.m. Maybe that is why I'm sick. Who knows. Fun was had by all, AND I won $370.00 on my favorite slot machine Wheel of Fortune. So I came home with more money than I left with, and that was also great.

As I can think of nothing more to say, I though I'd do the tag thing, though I was never tagged. I will move on in the assumption that someone was thinking of tagging me, but forgot how to spell my name. Huh, I think being sick has made me even wittier. Imagine that.

FOUR JOBS I'VE HAD
1. Lifeguard
2. Pig farmer
3. Prairie Dog catcher/tagger/releaser (they are endangered in Utah, part of a study).
4. Park Ranger

MOVIES I CAN WATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN
1. Serenity
2. Snatch
3. Ghost and the Darkness
4. Bridget Jones's Diary

FOUR PLACES I'VE LIVED
1. Delta, Utah
2. Ephraim, Utah
3. Salt Lake City, Utah
4. Cedar City, Utah (yeah, I know, I need to expand my horizons)

FOUR TV SHOWS I LOVE
1. The Jeff Corwin Experience
2. Real World/Road Rules Challenge
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
4. Firefly

FOUR PLACES I'VE VACATIONED
1. Norway
2. Yellowstone
3. Monument Valley
4. Disneyland

FOUR OF MY FAVORITE DISHES
1. Ice cream of any kind
2. Shrimp scampi
3. Mizzusj's chicken salad with ramen noodles in it
4. Cheeseburgers

FOUR SITES I VISIT DAILY
1. Mizzusj
2. Baby Attack
3. Moviemistakes.com
4. Animal Attack Files (yes, morbid, but fascinating)

FOUR PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT NOW
1. Riding my horse
2. Norway
3. My brother's house
4. Hiking

7 comments:

hazel said...

I need 3 things from you:

1. what video made you inhale the stuffing??

2. what is this chicken salad with ramen noodles in it? I must have it.

3. I have to know the url for animal attack files.

ps, wheel! of! fortune!!!

Missuz J said...

I totally forgot about that salad! I will make it soon, and have you over. I think you were blogging while I was trying to call you today. Did Kiri deliver your pie to you? And yes yes yes, P&P ASAP!

Kodi said...

Patrice: The video was of a ski trip and the guy went to jump off the lift and his coat got stuck and he was hangin on the lift heading back down the mountain. I think what struck me so funny was the look on his face while he was hanging there. The chicken salad receipe you'll have to get from Missuzj. I don't know how to make it but boy howdy do I love it. Animal attacks from around the world may be viewed on http://attack.igorilla.com pretty cool stuff.
Missuzj, yes Kiri delivered pie and I devoured it in 2 seconds. I should have put banana cream pie on my list of favorite foods, cuz it is. Thanks. I'll call you after I get done feeding the horses. Love ya.

shawnak said...

Bad, bad stuffing, but it tastes soooo good! Hope you feel better soon!

Ummmm okay didn't know about the pig farming thing. I remember the stinky pig farm you guys lived next to in Hinckley, was that the place of your job?! hmmmm

NME said...

I love prairie dogs and Jeff Corwin. Almost as much as I dislike stuffing. Gross - it's soggy bread.

Hope you feel better. Walking sick is far worse than don't have to do anywhere or do anything sick. In my book.

Kathryn said...

Oh how I hate being sick but not sick enough to crawl in bed and be a big baby about it. Congrats on your winnings though that's awesome!

I'm totally with you on Snatch, Bridget Jones, and Buffy.

Stine said...

I have inhaled so many things through my nose while eating, I can't even count.

It's nice to know I'm not alone. And yay, yay, yay on your last two fave tv shows.