Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Just like X-Files

I just watched the pilot of the tv show "Fringe". It was good. I liked it. I also could predict just about every plot line, but then I'm a huge geek and watch way too much sci-fi for my own good. It reminded me a lot of X-files. Or twilight zone. But all in all quite enjoyable.
I have to go back to work tomorrow after 7 days off. I don't feel ready. I didn't do any of the projects I had assigned for myself during this mini vaycay. Oh, well. I enjoyed the down time. I watched a lot of movies and tv on dvd. I re-read the Fellowship of the Ring, and will start on the Two Towers next. I usually read the trilogy every year, cuz again Big Geek.
When I scheduled my time off from work, everyone asked me what I was going to do, and if I was going anywhere fun. It made me feel a little silly taking time off to read and watch movies. Like it was a waste of good vacation time. But I don't have the funds to travel over seas, so this, in my mind is the next best thing.
So, raise your glass to all of the hermits in the world, and the Big Geeks. We prove that you don't have to go to Mexico to have a fabulous vacation.

1 comment:

Missuz J said...

Hi. Love you.