Tuesday, September 09, 2008

remember me, the crazy lady?

So, I guess I'm back. I had to do something so that last post wasn't the last you ever heard of me. Things are better. Not great but better. I don't drink so much anymore, though I still haven't kicked the smoking habit. There is always such good excuses to keep on puffing.
I moved into a new little house, which I adore. Now if my teenager would just pick up after herself, I would invite friends over more often. But I'm tired of being a maid to my child. I had a child solely for the purpose to fetch and carry for me and force her to do menial tasks. But alas, it is I that fetches, carries, cleans, cooks, shops and provides endless entertainment for the teen. It's just not right. I did all those things for my parents and I have earned the servitude of my child for at least 18 years. Such is life.
That reminds me of a quote from a tv show I have been watching lately. The show is "Weeds" and the main character, the suburban queen of bud, has just told her dealer that something wasn't fair. The dealer turns and says "fare is what you pay to get on the bus. That's the only fare I know of."
I have also been watching "Dexter", "Battlestar Galactica", "Tudors" and "MXC" all thanks to the magic that is netflix. I got rid of my satellite dish and now just watch DVD's when I am bored. I LOVE IT!
Well, I hope all you bloggers and friends have a good night. It's 2 a.m. and I need a smoke.
Love ya.

2 comments:

NME said...

So glad to hear from you. A reading vacation sounds divine to me.
Getting a teen to do anything for you is quite a challenge.
LOVE the Tudors. My favorite new show in years. We watch Weeds too. And I both like and hate Dexter. Will have to check Fringe out.

amandak said...

Yay! Kodi is posting again!

Love Weeds. LOVE.