Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I hate when I act like a space cadet

I am not stupid. At least I hope I'm not. I usually have a very scheduled life and everything fits into place the way I plan. Every now and then I do something stupid that throws my whole routine off, and I go into freak out mode. I hate when I do something really dumb, that I had planned out, but spaced off and didn't follow through, and now look like a blithering idiot.
Where I work, we get student interns that come learn the ropes and earn college credit. We had a new intern show up tonight. I was supposed to leave the house open for him, and the key on the table. I forgot to. So the poor kid gets locked out of his temporary housing, and I have to drive out at 8:30 p.m to unlock the door and let him in. And I'm supposed to be his boss, so I'm sure he's thinking "What an idiot. What have I got myself into with this hopeless basketcase?"
Now I'll stew about it for the rest of the night. I don't like making mistakes!

2 comments:

Missuz J said...

What? You're not perfect? Did you take pictures of Kiri in her ball gown? I can't believe she's old enough to go formal shopping!

amandak said...

from one perfectionist to another, I feel your pain. I second the request for pics of the ball gown. Kiri going to the ball...mwah, does it get cuter than that? Love that your blogging, miss you tons!