Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Smells like Teen Spirit

When my daughter takes a bath, I find it amazing that she doesn't wash her makeup off. I mean, seriously, how many coats of mascara can you keep putting on your lashes before they fall out? I guess I shouldn't complain, she used to not bathe at all. I had to physically force her into the tub, clear up until she was 11. It's an improvement. However, I wonder, if she doesn't wash her face when she showers, what else isn't she washing? I've seen her underwear. I wash them all the time. Her nether regions definitely NEED a good scrub on a regular basis. But she won't let me see her naked anymore, and would be horrified if I tried to suggest she wash "down there". I guess as long as I can't smell her, then I won't worry about it. She does wear too much perfume too. Crickey.

Work went fairly well today. I think I am finally pulling out of my slump. I got everything done that I needed to, with no stress or problems. Things will be crazy this memorial day weekend. Isn't it funny that on a holiday that we are supposed to remember those close to us who have passed on, we all decide to invade the forests and parks instead? I guess my grandpa would have rather we have fun as a family than mope around his grave. Unfortunately, I have to work on the big summer holidays, so I get to deal with the massive amounts of people visiting the Park. Many of whom are lost, or think they can get from one end of the state to the other in 2 hours. I often get a look of shock and dismay when I tell them the nearest restaurant heading south is 25 miles away. What, no McDonald on every corner? This is America, damn it! But, I love my job, so again, I really shouldn't complain.

Funny Visitor Quote of the Day
"So, this is a Scenic Drive? Is it scenic?"

Love to you all.

3 comments:

hazel said...

it sounds like you're feeling better, which is excellent.

I have to force trent to get a shower, too. and I recently had to buy him some stridex pads. so awkward. and he acts like he isn't listening when I tell him that he should use them, but I find used ones in the trash, so I guess he's saving face. literally.

yeah, I never really thought about all the people who have to work at the places we go to on vacation! you poor thing.

I have been meaning to tell you that one of trent's longest-running career goals was to be a park ranger. he hasn't mentioned it lately but I don't think it's out of the running.

amandak said...

Yay for you, Memorial Day tourist entertainment! I bet we'll have some really great Visitor Quotes next week. I have to say, I do miss those southern utah parks. I never did get to hike with trailmaster Kodikins, bummer. Maybe when I come visit in June. If I'm not too lazy, and it's not too hot. Then again, maybe we should just sit in Boo's backyard and drink box of wine. Woo Hoo!

Missuz J said...

Kods--you're totally being a blog slacker! Where are you?