Wednesday, January 25, 2006

$4,000 smile

Kiri got her braces off yesterday. She looks wonderful! I did tell her that I paid $4,000 for her teeth, and that I now own her smile. If she doesn't take care of her teeth, I shall take them back. She didn't really think that was so funny.

Last night, for some reason unbeknownst to me, I decided to get drunk. Raspberry rum and sprite is quite tasty, and I over-imbibed. I don't get drunk very often, but when I do I get this crazy urge to call up everyone I know and chat. I tried to call Jennifer, and my brother, but no one answered. I was all kinda upset, when I looked at the clock and it was almost 11:00 p.m. Luckily, my friends and family love me, and no one called me back to berate me for the drunken late calls. Sorry Shane. Sorry Jenn. I love you guys.

My husband and I got a little frisky last night (he loves when I get drunk because he KNOWS he'll get some), and then after the passion I promptly barfed in the toilet. That has to be the biggest turn on ever, when you make sweet love to your wife and then she runs to the bathroom to vomit. Sorry Ken, I love you babe.

I then went to work today with only a slight headache. I think it was a good thing I threw up or I would be hating life right now. I'm so stupid. Sorry body, I'll try to take better care of you.

I'm off to take Kiri to the dentist once again today. Maybe I'll get out of there without loosing everything I own. Wish me luck.

8 comments:

Missuz J said...

Umm. Congratulations? It think.

Should I have hurt feelings that you didn't try to call me?

Missuz J said...

That is, I think. Not IT think.

lonna said...

I got the same speech about my teeth from my parents. Mine cost $2000 back in the early 80s. If it helps any, I am totally grateful that my parents got me braces. My teeth were horrible and now they are great. I hope that the dentist doesn't hit you too hard. I had a bunch of cavities once I got my braces off.

I hope you feel better. Being hungover, even slightly, at work is just no fun.

shawnak said...

I am dreading the day when the dentist tells me that Q needs braces. So far so good though!
As for the barfing thing..ummmm GROSS! good thing ya got a man who loves ya no matter what!
I've heard of and tried Razberry Vodka but not rum...hmmm

Stine said...

K, I like the way you think. Taking the teeth back and vomit - you're my kinda chick.

amandak said...

You should totally post a picture of the shiny new straight teeth Kiri smile. I took Madeline to the dentist for the first time a few months ago (I know, I suck, I should have had her in YEARS ago), and after examining the x-rays, and informing us that she already had 2 cavities, the dentist said to make sure and keep her on our dental insurance since she's missing an adult tooth in the front and will definitely end up needing lots of work. Great.

Yay for drunken friskiness, boo for puking after.

hazel said...

ah, puking after sex. reminds me of the early days of my pregnancy.

I'm so excited for kiri. as much as you see the $4000, she is probably SO RELIEVED to have those things off. good on both of ya.

Kathryn said...

Ooh, that drink sounds like a hangover in the making for sure. I'm glad you got off with just a slight headache today (or that day as the case may be). Hooray for uninhibited drunken sex!