Thursday, June 09, 2005

Hittin' the trail

So, I finally got the pic's of my new horse. Isn't she great! As I mentioned in my last blog, we had a great time at my parent's house. My dad is remodeling the house, so my mother is going to stay with me for a week while the walls are torn out of the kitchen. Whooo Hoooo. I haven't spent more than a few consecutive days with my mom for a long time. It will certainly be fun, and interesting.

I'm heading out into the backcountry for an overnight hike tomorrow. I do a Leave No Trace training trip every year for new employees. I love hiking. And I love getting paid to hike. I have to admit, I miss Kiri terribly while I'm gone. I usually look forward to getting a big Mountain Dew and seeing my child (in that order) when I finally get off the trail on an overnight trip.

I am also inordinately proud of all my scars obtained from stupid and daring things I have done in my life. When I drink too much, I usually start showing everyone my assortment of bruises, scrapes, sprains, and scars. I'm sure my friends are very tired of it, but for some reason it makes me feel like superwoman to have done the things I have and survived them. I suppose I'm arrogant and obnoxious, but well, when the booze is flowing in my veins, I make my friends suffer through yet another telling of the time I hiked four miles out of Ash Creek with a severely sprained ankle. Or the time I got bucked off my horse when I was twelve, and shattered all 6 of my front teeth. I feel the need to prove I'm not getting old. I am strong, damnit. Just not too smart, and I have terrible luck. And still , I ride horses and hike inspite of my many mishaps. Sorry to all my dear friends who deal with my arrogance on a weekly basis, ohhhing and ahhhing appropriately at my iron woman toughness. I love ya for feeding my foolish self absorption. I usually come to my senses quickly, and you are more than welcome to tell me to shut up.

I'll blog again on Sunday, complaining of being sore and tired, yet secretly hoping you will all tell me I'm wonderful.

God, I'm so insecure it is sickening.

3 comments:

hazel said...

YOU'RE WONDERFUL!!!

no seriously.

and hiking...well...iron woman for sure.

amandak said...

I love that you embrace your scars as proof of your toughness! Hope you're having fun hiking and didn't get too wet today. See you soon!

Missuz J said...

Kods--you ARE an iron woman, and we all have moments of incapaciting insecurity. I usually do about 3 times a day. Rest assured that you are loved and admired and gosh darn it--people like you!