Thursday, June 30, 2005

Movie madness

I took Kiri and 2 of her friends to see "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" last night. It was a very cute movie, and Brad Pitt was adorable in it. I want to fight Brad, and roll around on the floor until we have an incredible aggressive kiss and start knocking things off the counter to have wild sex.

The funny thing was Kiri didn't want me to go with them. She threw attitude at me, saying I could see it some other night. I told her I really wanted to see it, and as I was already taking her and her friends, I might as well go as well. So then she comes up with a brilliant plan of me dropping her and her friends off at the theatre, then driving away and coming back 5 minutes later to then sneak into the theatre so her friends wouldn't see me. I told her it was ridiculous. When we got there, one of her friends was short on cash, so I went to the box office and bought everyone's tickets, including one for me, and just marched into the theatre. Kiri shot me a beseeching look, but I ignored her and had a great time, even though I sat all by myself (by choice) so her and her friends could giggle and talk without me hearing every word. She's a funny kid. I remember the days when she would cry if I didn't take her to the damn grocery store, or forced me to go see those seriously miserable Pokemon movies. It's sad yet also heartening to see her becoming such an independent woman.

I read her middle school year book and was shocked. There were several entries by boys mentioning the size of her boobs. My God! No one said anything like that to me in middle school and I had pretty big boobs. Well, once someone called me anonymously to tell me I had the biggest boobs in school, but no one dared write it down and sign their name after. I am dreading when Kiri gets into High School.

Love to all.

7 comments:

hazel said...

holy shit, they wrote it in her yearbook?? wow. wow.

wow.

anyway, it is funny that you can remember when she was clingy now that she's aloof. good for you for compromising.

Missuz J said...

Boobs are such a mixed blessing. If I were you, I'd track down the boys who wrote about her boobs in her yearbook and put the fear of god in them. (Actually, the fear of Kodi would be far scarrier.)

Sorry I've been an absent shit-head the last few days. I called Kiri yesterday about lunch, but no one answered. I should have been more tenacious, but my back was hurting, and I just felt like shit. Anyhoo--love you tons.

Misty said...

hi... actually came by your blog via a blog you visited today, belonging to a friend......

had to comment though at first: your B Pitt comment.
AGREED!!!
second, at your daughter/yearbook comment:
oh my gosh. did you ask her about it???? how does she feel?thats nuts

Katy said...

It's really not fair that women's bodies are so out there for everyone to see. And then if we try to hide it we're labeled as frumpy, or *gasp* dikey (sorry if that word offends) anyway, my suggestion get pictures of all the boys who signed her year book with boob comments, make a million copies and write "Hey pixie dick, have a great summer, call me when your testacles finally drop you prepubescent ass hole. Love- big boobed women of America." And plaster the halls with fliers on the first day of school.

NME said...

Wow! You are such a great mom for taking them to the movies and sitting apart. It shows both interest in her life and also understanding of her need for independence.

I on the other hand might still be carrying Noah around at age 13.

Did Kiri say how those comments made her feel? My boobs are too big now but I was lucky in that I was a late bloomer. I didn't really get breasts til I was 16. Of course prior to them arriving I would cry about not having breats. Ah... the cruel jokes life does play.

amandak said...

I didn't get blatant comments at that age, but the innuendo was certainly there. It's so hard to be a girl sometimes. I think all you can do is hope that she doesn't grow up thinking all she is is a great set of tits. Women are wonderful and complicated beings, and all silly little boys better hurry up and figure that out before we have to hunt them down and teach them the hard way.

Funny, I wonder if any of those boys have half a clue that a loosely connected group of bloggers are bashing them on the internet today. Silly, silly boys.

I, for my part, will do my best to raise a boy who wouldn't dare judge a girl based solely on the size of her chest, not to mention one who would be struck with the fear of god (or the fear of kodi), for even thinking about writing it in her yearbook.

Kodi said...

In response to Misty, I did ask her about it and she just got embarassed, grabbed the book, and walked away. I didn't pursue it. I didn't want her to feel even more uncomfortable about her body with me making comments about it.