Sunday, June 26, 2005

Sunday, Lazy Sunday

I slept in until 9:30 this morning. Damn that felt good. I have a relatively clean house, the dishes are done, the laundry is finished, the carpet has been vacuumed. What shall I do for the rest of the day? Hmmmmmm. Maybe I'll go rent some movies and spend the day on the couch. Or maybe I'll go eat a sandwich at the new deli in town. So many decisions.

I will definitely go horse riding this afternoon when it isn't blazing hot. I have a major farmers tan happening, and I was telling my friends that I was going to go riding with a tank top and even things out a little. Some expressed their opinions on the intelligence of intentional burning of the skin, others gave me advice on the best way to tan and NOT burn terribly. I love my friends. Becca gave me a bumper sticker that reads "My friends kick ass". How true.

We made it to the Sportsman for karaoke on Friday. It was a hoot. I only got to sing one song, because I work on Saturday and had to get up early, so I felt like a party pooper. I REALLY wanted to stay longer and sing some more, and hear my friends sing, but my sense of responsibility made me go home after a couple drinks and a song and get some sleep so I could be cheery, happy, not hungover Ranger Kodi. BLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!(that was supposed to be the sound of a big raspberry).

I plan on going over and seeing Becca today. Happy happy happy Sunday.

4 comments:

NME said...

Damn! I wish I could say the same about my house, laundry, dishes and carpet. It's Sunday night and this place is in a shambles.

I HAVE to know what song you did at karaoke.

hazel said...

yes! song list, please!

Missuz J said...

Kodi did a fabulous "Every morning"--you know the Sugar Ray song? "Every morning there's a halo hanging from the corner of my girlfriend's four post bed?"

I, stupidly, choose, "I'm the only one" a la Melissa Ethridge. Somehow, it sounded much better when I sang it in my car.

Paul sang a Beatles song--but I can't remember the name. Tourjete? A little help?

The rest of the crowd just danced their pants off, and avoided passes from scarry red necks.

amandak said...

Paul did Rocky Raccoon, and was Fabulous! Good Times were had by all. I'm a little bummed that I didn't get to meet your new horsies while I was there. Oh well, sounds like a fantastic excuse to go back ;).