Monday, October 03, 2005

Hurray for Vacations!

Ken and I are getting ready to go on vacation next week. We are heading into Monument Valley, stopping by Natural Bridges National Monument, and Hovenweep National Monument, to eventually end up in Mesa Verde National Monument. I am so excited. I've never been to any of these places, so it should be totally cool.

Kiri doesn't want to go with us. I really want her to go, but last year she had a beast of a time catching up on all the school work she missed when we went to Norway. She would rather stay with her friend and go to school. I have mixed emotions about this, as I really don't want her to miss school, but I'm wondering how much school work she will actually do while staying with her friend.

Speaking of school, I am getting ready to head over to meet with Kiri's teachers for an update on her performance so far. These used to be called Parent/Teacher conferences, but now have the happy euphemism of SEOP's. I have no clue what SEOP stands for (little help here Missuzj), but I liked it better when it was a Parent/Teacher conference.

I have mountains of laundry, so I'm keeping it short this time.

7 comments:

lonna said...

Your trip sounds really nice. How long are you going to be gone? I would think that Kiri could miss a week without that much trouble. If it's longer, I might be able to see her point.

Have a great time!

amandak said...

Sounds like the perfect Kodi vacation. I say, enjoy the time alone with your husband. Kiri is a big girl, and you know Becca will keep tabs on her if need be. Even if she slacks a little bit on schoolwork, she won't slip as far behind as if she hadn't been there at all. Not like you need my advice. Anyways, have fun hon!

hazel said...

ooo, alone time with your husband. sounds excellent. and if kiri stays with her friend, it's like a vacation for her, too. everyone wins.

seop - hm. student evaluation opportunity pussy, I bet.

shawnak said...

Wow a vacation sounds so great right now, even though I had the summer off, with all the Trauma drama of my life I could use another one. Ummm SEOP's...don't exist at our school, we now have student led conferences which I love b/c it is so much better to have you kid tell you what they have been working on than their teacher. At least in Elem we have these will have to see on the middle school thing.
I guess all I can say is when you were a teenager did you want to vacation with mom and dad (unless it was to come see me) I'd say NO! So trust that you are the great mom we know you are and she will be fine! And a little alone time with hubby can't be bad, right? Been a while for me, but I'm sure its a good thing..ohhh that sounded a little Martha Stewarty ..sorry!!!

NME said...

That is a whole heck of alotta monuments. Sounds like a MONUMENTAL vacation. (Guffaw.)

I say enjoy the alone time with the hubby and let Kiri have some time of her own too.

Katy said...

I mean I realize I'm not Kiri's age, but I was like yesterday and what everybody else is saying sounds about right. You guys go on vacation, she'll be on a vacation from mom and dad and like mandy said she won't get nearly as far behind as she would if she were actually missing school.

A Man without a Band said...

Hey, baby,

Got your message this last weekend. We went to Escalante for Kira's birthday to see her grandmother. Little strange to be staying with John's mother, but it worked out okay.

Miss you guys. The weekend before we had to go to SLC for an emergency family business meeting. Seems like it's been forever (and I'm sure you're all hating me for taking away your friend). Hopefully this weekend. Are you on vacation right now (I'm posting this on 10/11)?

I read through your previous posts. That was pretty funny about kids getting pregnant immediately after listening to hip-hop, but after living in Georgia for six years, well maybe the proof is in the puddin'. As far as music, you'd laugh, but when we were in Escalante, we picked up a bunch of vinyl that belonged to Kira's grandfather. The first album I saw was KISS Alive, which I used to own, but my brother took back. You'll have to come over and listen with me, as probably the only other KISS fan in our group.

take care, and see you soon.